Burning Mouth Syndrome

I have created this blog as a forum for exchanging comments, information and resources for people suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrome. If anyone has received help for this condition, I would like to hear about it. And I'd like to start sharing recipes that those of us with BMS can eat -- soft, mild foods that taste good!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Anyone can post

I've set up this blog so that anyone can post to it; you don't have to register. To post, go to the bottom of the page (or the bottom of a message you want to respond to) and click "Comments".

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Rae and I'm 55 years old. I've suffered with BMS for over 3 years. It started w/o any major event when I woke up with a metallic taste and within a week my ears, throat and lips as well as my whole mouth felt like they were on fire 24 hours a day.

I've tried neurontin, clonozapam and effexor. Effexor decreased my sypmtoms 50% but about 2 months ago my symptoms started returning with increased intensity (just when I thought it couldn't get any worse!). I now also get a sensation in my tongue that feels like needles are being jabbed into it. I find that I'm unconsciously pushing my tongue against the back of my teeth and will end up with sores around the edge of my tongue.

I don't find any food that increases the symptoms or any time of the day where it's worse.

Because my symptoms have come back so dramatically an MRI of my brain was ordered. They found that I may have a pituitary adenoma and more testing will be done to see what's up with that. I'm thinking that this may have something to do with BMS since the pit tumor also effects hormones. I will update my posting with anything of value I find out after my followup appointment.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Angela Winston said...

Wow, that sounds pretty serious. Best of luck, and please do post the results.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home