Burning Mouth Syndrome

I have created this blog as a forum for exchanging comments, information and resources for people suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrome. If anyone has received help for this condition, I would like to hear about it. And I'd like to start sharing recipes that those of us with BMS can eat -- soft, mild foods that taste good!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Medical Research

I heard Grace Slick being interviewed on the radio the other day and she said she has a rare neurological condition that only about 250 people in the world have--if the temperature gets to be over about 65 degrees her feet feel like boiling water has been poured over them, and look that way too. She said facetiously that nobody wants to research it because so few people have it that they wouldn't make any money.

I'd like to think that maybe they don't want to research it because they don't think it's very important--and the same thing about Burning Mouth Syndrome. Nobody's going to die of it. My stepdaughter is working on her doctorate in neuroscience at CalTech and the thought crossed my mind that she could do research on BMS. But I wouldn't ask her to. She's doing her research on Huntington's Disease--a horrible neurological disease which is always fatal. She has a good friend whose mother is dying of it now, and who has a 50% chance of developing it herself. So, which is more important?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home