Burning Mouth Syndrome

I have created this blog as a forum for exchanging comments, information and resources for people suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrome. If anyone has received help for this condition, I would like to hear about it. And I'd like to start sharing recipes that those of us with BMS can eat -- soft, mild foods that taste good!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Herbs & Spices, Pesto recipe

I use herbs and spices to make some of the bland food I've been eating tastier. I have an herb garden where I grow rosemary and oregano year-round (in central Texas), and basil in the summer.

Here are some ideas. I'll try to post more recipes and ideas soon.

Rosemary - chicken, pork, salmon.
Oregano - beans, zucchini
Garlic - any kind of meat or fish
Cumin - beans
Basil - chicken, pasta sauce. Good with tomatoes.
Olive oil - pasta, vegetables, meat, fish, etc. I keep a bottle of olive oil flavored with 1-2 cloves of garlic (peeled) in the refrigerator to pour over broccoli, brussel sprouts or whatever.
Garlic chives - potatoes
Cilantro - chicken, beans

Recipe - Pesto

2 c. basil leaves, loosely packed
4-5 cloves garlic
1/4 c. pine nuts
3/4 c. olive oil
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
salt

Combine everything except cheese in food processor. Scrape into mixing bowl and beat in cheese. Can be divided into small jars and frozen.

*Use the best quality Parmesan cheese you can find. I recommend Parmagiano-Reggiano.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Migelooch said...

Great ideas. I'm following an anti-Candida diet so I'll have to wait with the pesto because of the cheese, but I needed some ideas to spice up the very bland and boring diet I'm on. Thanks for sharing these!

Jul

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home