Burning Mouth Syndrome

I have created this blog as a forum for exchanging comments, information and resources for people suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrome. If anyone has received help for this condition, I would like to hear about it. And I'd like to start sharing recipes that those of us with BMS can eat -- soft, mild foods that taste good!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ireland

I just got back from a two-week vacation in Ireland, which was wonderful. My mouth has gotten a good bit better--I drank coffee (with milk) every day, and enjoyed it. Also orange juice. Of course Irish cuisine is not known for its spiciness, but we did eat Indian food one evening. The dish I ordered was termed "medium" in heat, but I think that meant medium to Irish taste buds. It certainly didn't seem hot to this Texan.

I'm wondering if it's the lack of stress that helped my mouth. Or, as my friend says, the fabulous cream they have in Ireland. (All the dairy products are good.) Maybe I should quit my job and move there. When I win the lottery....

I'm optimistic that my mouth will continue to improve. I'm determined to keep a positive outlook and not let myself get too stressed about things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home