Burning Mouth Syndrome

I have created this blog as a forum for exchanging comments, information and resources for people suffering from Burning Mouth Syndrome. If anyone has received help for this condition, I would like to hear about it. And I'd like to start sharing recipes that those of us with BMS can eat -- soft, mild foods that taste good!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Facial Muscles

My facial muscles have been very tight and clenched for months. I first became aware of it in September, after the oral pathologist told me that anxiety and stress could be a cause of BMS. I started meditating and realized how tight the muscles were. I had been clenching my jaw without even being aware of it, for months. Since then I try to relax the muscles every time I think of it, but have only had mild success. It's obviously related to stress because it's less severe on weekends or holidays. But what to do? You can't eliminate all stress from your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home